Cavs' data analysts giving a webinar

Home for all your discussion of basketball statistical analysis.
mtamada

Cavs' data analysts giving a webinar

Post by mtamada » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:24 am

The catch is that they seem to be the team's marketing data analysts, not the basketball analysts. The webinar is being produced or at least sponsored by Qualtrics, which makes survey software but has recently been branching beyond surveys into analytical tools.
https://www.qualtrics.com/events/webina ... n-by-data/

Crow

Re: Cavs' data analysts giving a webinar

Post by Crow » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:00 pm

"Use fan insights to understand brand awareness for internal products and corporate partnerships". Could be interesting in post LeBron departure period... if they are forthright, which seems unlikely. Market K Love, last season's acquisitions (especially Nance), the generic brand or Osman, Sexton? If they just talk about marketing the generic brand and / or specific purchase items I am not interested.

Do you plan to listen? I am unlikely to unless the timing just happens to work out and nothing better gets my attention.

Will team go younger, "whiter", more European? More "family experience", "hometown pride" or funkier or geekier ( to younger fans)? More or less focus on middle aged and older men? Change broadcast products? Change coach? More or less Gilbert visibility? More 3s? More defense? More "team" talk? Will owner and business side try to have more say on basketball product (minutes, style) and basketball decisions?

How will market(s) respond? Still invested or go more low key or drift away? What about the market for possible new owners? How likely, how quick?