Trade talk

Home for all your discussion of basketball statistical analysis.
Crow

Trade talk

Post by Crow » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:39 am

About 5 weeks to the trade deadline. A few things may happen before then but typically GMs holdout for one-sided deals until the last 48 hours. 1/3 to 1/2 will then make deals that both sides like or can live with given their goals. It doesn't have to wait til the end but they do, hoping for better.

Almost no team should stand pat or decide to stand pat but probably 1/2 to 2/3rds will end up there or do something so minor that there is no reason to care about it.

I don't have any specific trades to propose at moment or comment on but if / when I do, they'll show up here.

Tack on your own ideas / comments as you wish.

Crow

Re: Trade talk

Post by Crow » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:04 am

On second thought, here are a few stir the pot ideas:

Portland, continue to try to trade Turner, Harmless or both.

Warriors, be active at looking to move anyone beyond the big 4. Too complacent, you might end up short.

Kings, pretty clear you aren't happy with Labesserie. What do you want?

Clippers, probably stand pat. I wouldn't. Could get better most places beyond forward and maybe there too.

Trade Favors? Many think the Jazz will. It all depends what you can get. I'd be actively shopping Rubio but I doubt they are.

Lakers, I'd make lots of changes now and later They'll mostly or completely wait.

Mavs, how serious are you about making playoffs this season? Better be a buyer if you want to make it.

TWolves, it seems absurd to me that you would want to keep Wiggins. I dunno what you can get for him but you're not getting good impact from regardless of the level of his per game stats. Continues to me a massive disappointment in many ways.

Thunder? Are you going to keep Abrines? Doesn't make much sense to me. Patterson, move to end the embarrassment? Lots of other who could move if you can get better.

Mirotic? Great with Davis. Doesn't work with Randle. I"d probably trade but see how Payton, Mirotic, Davis does with Payton available. Earlier results were very good.